Brown and green?? : CYCI#91 Color Challenge

Wednesday 21 October 2015
The Can You Case It challenge for the week is to use brown, green and neutrals. Brown is definitely not one of my go to colours, in fact I tend to forget it exists a lot of the time, and I tend to use green tends more as an accent colour with blue so this was going to be a challenge. I love challenges that take me out of my comfort zone and help me to think outside the box and I really love the card I came up with.


 
 

I stamped a Stampendeous butterfly on Kraft cardstock and coloured it in with different shades of green prismacolor pencils, blending with gamsol and blending stumps. I cut out the butterfly and attached it to a circle of Kraft cardstock.

I added a cluster of two Kraft coloured banners, some brown twine and a green brad to the top left hand corner. I stamped the birthday wishes again on the Kraft cardstock and added it the bottom of the card.

I layered everything onto a 5x7" Kraft notecard, with a 6x4" layer of green striped pattern paper from the Let's Bokeh collection by Lawn Fawn. Edges of all elements have had ground Espresso distress ink applied.

Supplies used:


4 comments:

  1. I love this card and that butterfly! Thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card especially your butterfly...you also used my favorite paper ~ kraft ~ I am a kraft lover and with the colors you chose it really stands out ~ Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I'm glad you took on the challenge, and fact is you've got a fabulous design! Loved it! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the use of the different banners, background and love love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top