Making use of your scraps

Tuesday 6 October 2015
I have been playing with the Simon Says Stamp October card kit over the last few days and I found I had a lot of leftover pieces of scrapbook paper. I then saw the sketch for the Can You Case It weekly challenge (CYCI#89) and thought they were a match made in heaven. I put together this colourful card based on the sketch.




 
 
This was quite an easy card to make. First I covered the card front with a piece of pink card. I then cut my leftover scrapbook paper into strips and glued them to the card leaving some of the pink card to show through. I added a sentiment stamped and embossed in white on black card. I also added a Stampendeous stamped butterfly in gold ink on vellum above the sentiment. A few sequins finish up this card.

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Ruth! Love the colours and the mix of patterned paper! Fantastic use of your scraps! Thanks for joining us this week at Can You Case It? Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great use of your scraps!! :) Great card!! Thanks for playing with us at Can You Case It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a match! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CYCI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CYCI

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top