Watercolour Christmas

Thursday 22 October 2015
Today I have a somewhat non-traditional Christmas card for you, but it is oh so sweet.


I stamped one of Prima Marketing's new bird stamps designed by the very talented Jamie Dougherty. These bird stamps are so realistic. I love them. The stamp set also contains the berry stamp that I stamped a few times in the corner of the card.

I watercoloured this card using the neocolor II crayons by scribbling them on acetate and mixing them with some water before applying to the paper.

I coloured the bird to look like an English red robin (often called a Christmas robin). I looked up pictures of robin's to get the colours right. I added white Sakura gel pen to the eye of the bird and to look like snow on the berries.

The greeting comes from a Stephanie Barnard stamp set called lights4you.

I kept this card simple and mounted the watercolour panel onto a white 5 x7 inch notecard.

Supplies Used:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top